Where Am I Biking Around?? - July 31

Today we're going on a bike tour around the city!! We had to catch a metro train to meet up with our bike tour guide. The tour was run by a company called Fat Tire Tours. The tour guide's name was Johnny. It nearly cost 200 dollars.

Luckily I didn't have to bike on my own as Daddy and I got to go on a tandem bike and nobody else did. Finn had his own bike. 


We learned heaps from our tour guide. Such as, Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette tried to escape Paris but they had a terrible escape planned, failed and got caught. Also when they were planning the Eiffel Tower some people had ideas that a slide could be coming down from the top or a guillotine!!



At some point I flipped upside down & out of the tandem bike. I hit the path and injured my knee. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Johnny had some plasters and wipes.

We had our lunch break yum yum yum yummy. We ate sandwiches and apricots. 


At the end of the tour I asked for another bandage and Johnny gave me this:



Soon we went to see the Eiffel Tower but we didn't go up it boo hoo. It was really busy and Mum and Dad have been up it before.



We ate some more food on the grass just beside it and played a card game. I won for the first time!


To finish the day off we went to the supermarket it was two storeys. It was pretty big. Finally we went back on the metro after a big day kind of - ha ha ha.   




GUESS WHICH CITY I'M IN...
I ALREADY GAVE YOU A CLUE: THE EIFFEL TOWER - AND THE CITY STARTS WITH P

???

Comment with your guesses!











Comments

  1. That tandem bike looks cool and I love the little pink Eiffel Tower x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool bike Amelia - I'd love to try tandem biking, especially as you can let Dad do most of the work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing PARIS !! I'm sorry you fell off your bike, I hope you are feeling better. That bike looked very cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amelia,
    Could it be Blackpool? Oh, wait a minute, I think it might be Paris!
    The bike ride looked really good. Pity about the fall. Hope the knee is feeling a bit better.
    Thinking of you all. Enjoy the adventure.
    Love Aunty Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so accident prone.
    You look after yourself. What a wonderful holiday you are having

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nose Bleed on a Train - 14 June

Flight to Athens! - 27 June

Bike Ride & Tapas (Valencia) - 5 June