Slovenia! Fri 12 July

Today I woke up on a train instead of a bed and arrived in Ljubljana which is the capital city of Slovenia. I found sleeping on the train comfortable and not noisy. We had to get our bags all ready for when the train stopped. We stepped out into Ljubljana. There were a lot of houses and not big apartments. It didn’t seem too busy. We noticed that the sky was grey and it was a bit colder here.



The train station was quite big. The man who was the taxi driver was not there so we had to problem solve and use our initiative and find a way to our house. We walked with all of our bags up a hill. We didn’t realise we’d have to walk up a hill. On the way up there Finn found a huge, gigantic black beetle. It was hard work walking up the steep hill.

When we arrived at our house the lady who owned it said “why did you go up that way? That’s the path we call the North Slope”. Oh well, it was good exercise.

Our house is quite old, from the 1600s. It is so cool. Mum and Dad’s bed is up high on a mezzanine floor. I like this house because the beds are so cosy and I like how you can go up the stairs. There are 2 cats. One called Janko and I forget what the other cat is called. Janko is white and ginger spotty. He is the friendly and funny cat. The other cat is shy but she is also really, really nice. This is the only place where we actually have a garden. It’s nice to go outside and play with the cats.



It did turn out to be really hot but the lady at the house said “we’re meant to have a thunderstorm today”. We brought our rain jackets with us for looking around the city. We walked along the riverside and found a little coffee shop by the river. There were ice creams there but Finn and I said “no” because we wanted to have one from a different place. Mum and Dad enjoyed a coffee there. We sat outside by the river and it was lovely.




We walked back through the city and we ended up finding a burger restaurant. I had a smoky flavoured burger with a Sprite.



We carried on a walking to a park for Finn and Dad to play with Finn’s La Liga football. I noticed about this city that there’s no rubbish anywhere. It’s small for a capital city. When we were really close to the park we found more gelato. Finn, me and Mum got a half & half gelato each. Daddy didn’t really feel like one. The flavours I got were lemon sorbet and three chocolate. It was very tasty. I particularly like the lemon sorbet.




When we got to the park it started to get very cloudy and stormy. It started to rain. Finn, Dad and I played football for a bit and then we had to get going because we didn’t want to get wet.



On the way back, for Dad, we went to a photography exhibition. I found it very boring. When we were leaving I saw that there was colouring in and a clay station and I was like “oh man, I could have been doing that the whole time”. So I had a go while Dad looked at a photography book.

We went off to the supermarket to find something for tea. Mum made a lasagna and salad. Finn and I played with Janko while we waited. After we had our tea we played Mop with Dad. You might know it as Go Home, Stay Home 123.


Comments

  1. Wow Amelia, that sounds like a cool little house! It sounds really cool to sleep on a train! Hope that your having fun, we miss you back here at home.

    Annabel 😀🙂😊🍔🍔🍔

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Turnham Family,
    I am enjoying reading about your exciting travels. Interesting to learn that Ljubljana is a clean, rubbish free city. I love the fact that you had to problem solve your transportation dilemma- great life skills. You are definitely having a very warm summer in Europe!
    Keep on having fun exploring.
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. yesterday we arrived in Warsaw and we went to the spider and scorpion museum ooooxxxxAMeLIa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always fall asleep on trains Amelia (its Jane here) so I would have had a good nights sleep too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your descriptive comments Amelia and your photos are great. I've been to Ljubljana myself and it was a nice memory for me to see some photos again. My friend and I also slept on that same train to get there. It's been cold here in North Canterbury and they think it might snow. I think it will just be cold and wet but my kids have their fingers crossed for snow! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nose Bleed on a Train - 14 June

Flight to Athens! - 27 June

Bike Ride & Tapas (Valencia) - 5 June