Visiting London!!! - 29 May

I headed off to London with my Mum and Dad and my Brother. It was a special day because my Auntie Corky and Cousin Blossom were coming with us.

We excitedly got off of the train at Marylebone Station and changed onto the London underground (which is called "the tube"). When we got outside the first thing I saw was Big Ben. On the street I saw a man with a really big dog called a St Bernard. They are one of the biggest dogs in the world. The man was begging for money.

We saw lots of statues of famous people. Daddy told me about them. There Winston Churchill, who was Prime Minister of England during WWII, and Mahatma Ghandi who helped India get their country back without any fighting.

We did so much in one day. We went to Westminster Abbey which was where Prince William and Kate Middleton got married.



We had a yummy picmic in St James' Park. and I tried pickled onion Monster Munch for the first time. They are my Daddy's favourite.

We went to Buckingham Palace which was so amazing. It is where the queen lives. In front of it was a big tall statue with another golden statue on top of it. I climbed up onto it very high! We looked through the railings to see the changing of the guards. They stand of front of the palace and protect the queen.

I saw Police riding horses. That is how they travel around.

In the afternoon it started to rain so we decided to go to a museum. We visited the Natural History museum. It was really interesting and they had lots of interactive displays. I tried to do them all! After we left there we headed to the Science museum which was right next door!

It was a big day!


Comments

  1. My cousin Susan lives just by Big Ben, I love London (its Jane by the way) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nose Bleed on a Train - 14 June

Flight to Athens! - 27 June

Bike Ride & Tapas (Valencia) - 5 June